Research Consultant vacancy
We are looking for a driven, open-minded person to join our team as a Research Consultant. This is a unique opportunity to join a growing business. You will be involved in a diverse range of research and consulting projects while contributing to the vision, strategy, and development of the business and pursuing your own resilience related projects.
Resilient Organisations is a niche research and consulting company that helps organisations, industries, and economies thrive in any environment. We specialise in developing and administering tools and strategies for decision making, resilience assessment, and education. As a social enterprise, we aim to maximise the positive social impact of our work.
What we do
Resilient Organisations provides a broad range of resilience consulting services to organisations as well as conducting resilience-related research. Please see our website www.resorgs.org.nz to find out more.
How we do it
We are a small team who believe work should be fun. We operate a flexible working environment to promote wellbeing inside and outside of work. Our values are key to the way we operate. We work collaboratively within our team, and with our partners, clients, and funders to produce high quality, evidence-based outputs that make a difference.
The main tasks will involve:
- Co-creating innovative approaches to client and research problems
- Liaising with clients and other stakeholders
- Reading, analysing, and accurately synthesising complex material
- Collecting data through interviews, surveys, and other means
- Writing reports and articles for publication.
Skills and experience
You will need the ability to:
- Present ideas clearly and concisely both verbally and in writing
- Switch readily between working independently and collaboratively
- Ask for help when needed and be comfortable contributing to group discussions
- Switch readily between leading projects and supporting others
- Demonstrate proficiency in managing your own time to ensure projects are completed on time
- Effectively plan and maintain interest in long-term projects.
You will ideally possess:
- A Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (e.g., business, engineering, sociology, geography) and post-graduate qualification at the Masters or higher level from an accredited institution
- A high level of proficiency in Word, Excel, Outlook
- Some familiarity with statistical analysis software (SPSS, R etc)
- An ability to identify and select pragmatic solutions within constrained timeframes
- Self-motivation and a positive ‘can-do’ attitude.
To apply for this role, please email your CV and covering letter to [email protected] by 20 January 2019.
If you would like further information about the position or Resilient Organisations, contact Tracy Hatton on +64 (0) 21 160 7707.