EXAMPLES OF OUR WORK
Resilience resources for small businesses
We have developed seven free booklets for small businesses and not for profit (NGO) organisations. They are filled with easy-to-read tips and tricks on how to prepare for, respond to, and adapt in the face of crisis.
Striving Through was specifically developed for distribution immediately after an event. Following the Kaikoura earthquake in 2016 1,000 copies were distributed in affected areas through Enterprise North Canterbury, the Wellington Chamber of Commerce, and Red Cross.
We seek out opportunities to engage small and medium enterprises in business continuity and resilience thinking. For example, we have held a number of workshops with SMEs and NGOs coordinated by organisations such as Volunteering Canterbury and Ministry of Social Development.
We also work with a number of PhD students – providing support, guidance and development opportunities. We are helping to build the resilience thought leaders of tomorrow.
Expert panels and resilience group input
We volunteer our time to various expert panels and groups to help embed resilience thinking into policy and practice and maximise the reach and social impact of our research and experience. Examples of our input include:
- Contributing to the Organisational Resilience ISO standards
- Contributing to the NZ National Disaster Resilience Strategy
- Member of Australian Resilience Expert Advisory Group (Erica Seville)
- Chair of the Christchurch City Council 100 Resilient Cities steering committee (John Vargo)
- Member of the Global Resilience Research network