We are looking for a hard-working and enthusiastic person to join our team as an Analyst /Research Consultant. The role will be be based in Christchurch, New Zealand.
Resilient Organisations is a small research and consulting company that focuses on helping organisations, industries, and economies to thrive in any environment. We also specialise in developing and administering tools and strategies for strategic decision making and resilience assessment. As a social enterprise, we aim to maximize the positive social impact of our work.
What we do
We conduct robust, original research to understand and advance the ability of organisations and systems to anticipate and prepare for, proactively respond to, and recover effectively from disruptions of all kinds. Resilient Organisations also offers services direct to organisations including resilience benchmarking and advising on the best ways to improve resilience.
How we do it
We are a small team who believe work should be fun. We operate a flexible working environment to promote wellbeing inside and outside of work. Our values are key to the way we operate. We work collaboratively within our team, and with our partners, clients and funders to produce high quality, evidence based outputs that make a difference.
In this role, you will work across a variety of research and consulting projects. The main tasks will involve:
- Reading, analysing and accurately synthesising complex material
- Collecting data through interviews, surveys, and other means
- Conducting analyses and summarising themes
- Writing reports and articles for publication
- Assisting the team in the co-creation of innovative approaches to client and research problems.
To be considered for this role, you need the ability to:
- Present ideas clearly and concisely both verbally and in writing
- Self-motivate to produce quality outputs in a timely manner
- Work independently and collaborate remotely
- Ask for help when needed and be comfortable in contributing to group discussions
- Switch readily between leading projects and supporting others
- Demonstrate proficiency in managing your own time to ensure projects are completed on time.
- Effectively plan and maintain interest in long-term projects.
The successful candidate will need:
- A bachelor’s degree and post-graduate qualification at the masters or higher level from an accredited institution
- A high level of proficiency in Word, Excel, Outlook
- Some familiarity with referencing software (EndNote or Mendeley)
- Some familiarity with statistical analysis software (SPSS, R etc.)